Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
The COM How-to Guide
This guide is intended to empower you to do outreach on behalf of the Fund. Here you will find the answers the questions you have about how to carry out these and other communications activities:
· Communicate on behalf of the Fund—to media, in presentations, consultations
· Propose digital content on IMF Platforms––on imf.org, blogs, podcasts
· Post content on the Intranet––stories, notices, Fundalls, digital signage
· Organize events and appeals––conferences, staff events, humanitarian relief
· Publish IMF articles, papers, books
· Find tips on writing and editing, media interviews, video scripts
IMF Editorial Style Guide
This guide was prepared by COMEP specifically for staff use. It sets out Fund style for IMF publications, and provides for consistent use and treatment of terminology across the Fund, to ensure consistent messaging.
The Chicago Manual of Style Online
Provides recommendations on editorial style and publishing practices for the digital age. Includes sample correspondence, proofreaders’ marks, and citation guide.
The Chicago Manual of Style by
Call Number: IMF Library General Books Z253 .U69
Publication Date: 2010-08-01
While digital technologies have revolutionized the publishing world in the twenty-first century, one thing still remains true: The Chicago Manual of Style is the authoritative, trusted source that writers, editors, and publishers turn to for guidance on style and process.